• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CyrilMegem

WARSHIFT – Action+RTS+RPG elements

This topic is 442 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there,

I have just released on Steam my game project on which I worked alone for 3 years:

New gameplay video:

WARSHIFT is an indie experimental project where Action, RTS and RPG gameplay elements are combined in one space epic. You can build bases, manage armies, and then come down to keep the enemies at gunpoint, gain experience in dynamic battles and customize your main characters and vehicles.

I'm currently working on joystick controls implementation in my game. And I need advice regarding key mapping for RTS mode. Because I'm really don't have much experience with controllers.
Also, I will be glad to discuss anything regarding creation and improvement of strategic AI, best practices of that.

Official site: http://warshift.com

Steam store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/392580

FEATURES:

WARSHIFT-Action-RTS-RPG-Gameplay.jpg

•Switching between Action/RTS mode on the battlefield

•Dynamic battles in the action mode

•NODE-based strategy gameplay

•16 types of units: 6 customizable combat avatars, 9 AI soldiers, 1 heavy-unit

•7 types of building

•Powerful orbital strikes

WARSHIFT-Characters-Customization-Evolve

•Evolving system for customizable combat avatars that are designed to add to the game some RPG elements.

•Dozens of weapons and upgrades

•Super-abilities and transformations

WARSHIFT-Battleship-Dreadnought-Tactics.

•Heavy unit "Dreadnought" is designed to add to the game some elements from classic “wargame” genre, such as tactical management of heavy orbital/atmospheric battleships.

WARSHIFT-Game-Environment.jpg

•Grounded, air, water, underwater, outer space

CUSTOM SKIRMISHES vs AI

4 playable maps for customizable skirmishes against AI:

•Orbital sector is designed especially for battles in the outer space

•Naval sector is a mix of 4 playable environments

•Sector “Frontier” has ruins of bastion that located between the dense jungle and desert

•Wide sector is designed to show full potential of strong armies and battleships

•Basic LAN multiplayer.

SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN

•10 linked single player missions for the human faction campaign shows almost all the current features and modes of the game.

Edited by CyrilMegem

Advertisement

This looks amazing! Did you do all of this by yourself? Programming/Art/Music/etc.? What tools/engine did you use? Amazing work!

This looks amazing! Did you do all of this by yourself? Programming/Art/Music/etc.? What tools/engine did you use? Amazing work!

Yes, I'm working alone on this project. I did by myself most of the programming, art assets and some of music tracks. I'm using Unity3d engine.

By the way, winter is here:

Happy Holidays!

Edited by CyrilMegem

I just created 3 new armored units: heavy tank, anti-air system, artillery. And this is a new interactive training mission (gameplay video):

Edited by CyrilMegem

I've been following this for a while now and I just wanted to say you're doing an amazing job, especially for a solo developer. It kind of reminds me of Battle engine Aquila, but with more strategy focus.

I've been following this for a while now and I just wanted to say you're doing an amazing job, especially for a solo developer. It kind of reminds me of Battle engine Aquila, but with more strategy focus.

Thank you for your feedback!

This is new gameplay videos: training missions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!