• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

self illumination in glsl

This topic is 1056 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, i search for my project a shader effect like sketchup, are called self illumination light?
i would that my hardware instancing in glsl is illumined without light , light position attenuation eccc...
THANKS

Advertisement
So, flat shading with a single directional light and heavy solid ambient light?
You still need positions and normals for that, not to mention a light source.

L. Spiro

Thanks spiro.

I have the normals and positions , but what shader tecnique i must use? directional ? phong, lambertian?

Thanks again.

By.

Lighting should be done in the vertex shader using flat shading.

I already told you the light is a directional light.

The rest is your choice.  Phong is perfectly fine for the type of results you want.  Lambert diffuse is a given.

L. Spiro

There is no indication that toon shading is being used.  Every surface has exactly 1 color (specular influences the whole surface).

The outline is not part of toon shading.  It is a separate technique which he will have to also solve at a later time.

L. Spiro

Edited by L. Spiro

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!