Sign in to follow this  

Project Zeds - Asymmetric Zombie Mayhem

This topic is 741 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, Just wanted to show off the game I've been working on for a while. It's currentlycalled "Project Zeds!" and it's an asymmetric 1v1 game where one player plays as a human in first person and the second player plays as all of the zombies as a RTS game. I keep a weekly dev blog at  , NotAnotherZombieGame.com, so if you like the idea check it out! Here's some screens.

ScreenShot00020.png

ScreenShot00018.png

ScreenShot_02.png

Hey! Just checking out your project here.  It's looking really great so far.  The gameplay style is pretty innovative and I can totally see this being a big deal when it's finished.  I know you're in really early development still but I was just curious if you were doing your own art or if these were all placeholder models.  Is the game going to continue to be stylized as it is now and cartoony or are you planning on going more realistic with it?  I personally really enjoy the cartoony take and I think it's a better choice in this situation.

Everything looks great so far.  I can't wait to see more.  Keep us updated and I'll check back in when I can!

Hey! Just checking out your project here.  It's looking really great so far.  The gameplay style is pretty innovative and I can totally see this being a big deal when it's finished.  I know you're in really early development still but I was just curious if you were doing your own art or if these were all placeholder models.  Is the game going to continue to be stylized as it is now and cartoony or are you planning on going more realistic with it?  I personally really enjoy the cartoony take and I think it's a better choice in this situation.

Everything looks great so far.  I can't wait to see more.  Keep us updated and I'll check back in when I can!

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I am doing the art right now. I eventually want to see if maybe I can convince a real artist to join but I don't want to do that till I've got the playable prototype working, and truth be told I'm really enjoying doing the art so far. The cartoon style is intentional and I intend to keep it. I don't want this game to look like everything else. I'm glad you like it. It really makes my day when someone feels kind enough to leave me a comment like this!

This looks really cool and reminds me of my own idea for a game where you're a necromancer and switch between first person for complicated magiclal/physical combat and an RTS view to control your army.

I wish you luck!

This looks really cool and reminds me of my own idea for a game where you're a necromancer and switch between first person for complicated magiclal/physical combat and an RTS view to control your army.

I wish you luck!

Thanks man! A necromancer is one of the planned zombie commander types. We'll see if I ever get around to implementing it.

This topic is 741 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.