Project Zeds - Asymmetric Zombie Mayhem

Started by
12 comments, last by JimmothySznchez 8 years, 4 months ago

Hey guys, Just wanted to show off the game I've been working on for a while. It's currentlycalled "Project Zeds!" and it's an asymmetric 1v1 game where one player plays as a human in first person and the second player plays as all of the zombies as a RTS game. I keep a weekly dev blog at , NotAnotherZombieGame.com, so if you like the idea check it out! Here's some screens.

ScreenShot00020.png

ScreenShot00018.png

ScreenShot_02.png

Check out my weekly dev blog: The Undead Dev

Advertisement

Tried to do my first video this week.
[media]https:

[/media]

This week I added explosives to Project Zeds!

ScientificRevolvingCanary.gif

This week I worked on adding a the first zombie commander to project Zeds!

http://www.notanotherzombiegame.com/enter-the-baron/

Hey! Just checking out your project here. It's looking really great so far. The gameplay style is pretty innovative and I can totally see this being a big deal when it's finished. I know you're in really early development still but I was just curious if you were doing your own art or if these were all placeholder models. Is the game going to continue to be stylized as it is now and cartoony or are you planning on going more realistic with it? I personally really enjoy the cartoony take and I think it's a better choice in this situation.

Everything looks great so far. I can't wait to see more. Keep us updated and I'll check back in when I can!

Hey! Just checking out your project here. It's looking really great so far. The gameplay style is pretty innovative and I can totally see this being a big deal when it's finished. I know you're in really early development still but I was just curious if you were doing your own art or if these were all placeholder models. Is the game going to continue to be stylized as it is now and cartoony or are you planning on going more realistic with it? I personally really enjoy the cartoony take and I think it's a better choice in this situation.

Everything looks great so far. I can't wait to see more. Keep us updated and I'll check back in when I can!

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I am doing the art right now. I eventually want to see if maybe I can convince a real artist to join but I don't want to do that till I've got the playable prototype working, and truth be told I'm really enjoying doing the art so far. The cartoon style is intentional and I intend to keep it. I don't want this game to look like everything else. I'm glad you like it. It really makes my day when someone feels kind enough to leave me a comment like this!

This week I worked on bringing the first human Base into the game, the creepy old church.

xS4pdtD.png

http://www.notanotherzombiegame.com/heres-the-church-and-heres-the-steeple-pt-2/

Wrote a post this week about why I'm writing a zombie game in a market with too many zombie games. LINK

This week I started working on procedural generation for map building. You can read about it here.

This looks really cool and reminds me of my own idea for a game where you're a necromancer and switch between first person for complicated magiclal/physical combat and an RTS view to control your army.

I wish you luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement