Effective way to China's Android Market

Started by
4 comments, last by torny10 8 years, 7 months ago

Hey guys

As a mobile game developer, If you are interested in China's Android market, but have had trouble figuring out how to enter, you should take a look at the following slide. I am founder of Play+, we provide an open platform to help foreign developers to access China's Android market. We are not publisher, but we provide an effective way to help you publish your game in China's Android market.

If you are confused or have some idea on this, we can talk here

Sorry I can not embed slide here, only link to slide share

http://www.slideshare.net/liudapeng56/play-turn-on-the-anroid-market-in-china

Advertisement

Any one knows how to embed slideshare in GameDev ?

I think a link is fine, no need to embed.

Interesting service you've got there, I have a few questions about it.

Would it also work for mostly-native games, or is it designed for Java-only?
I'm assuming you have some kind of middle layer that emulates google play In App Purchase on each of these distributers? Or would it be limited to premium games?
Why exactly do your service need access to our Google Play account? (Slide 13, point 3)
"Would it also work for mostly-native games, or is it designed for Java-only?"
Technically, we replace smali which is working in java layer, but google's services are based on java even you invoke them in native, so it works for any game which can run on android .
In our elder product PrismSDK, we used this technology in over 300+ games covered in different game engine (Cocos2dx, Unity3D, native, java, even Adobe Air)
"I'm assuming you have some kind of middle layer that emulates google play In App Purchase on each of these distributers? Or would it be limited to premium games?"
It depends. If you insist on premium, we can only distribute it on 2 channels, it is limited but works. if you can make a change your game into free part and premium part, then it becomes a f2p game.
I love premium game, it always be high quality, I think it will be widely available in China's Android in the future, but currently, only 2 APK distribution channels supported.
Why exactly do your service need access to our Google Play account? (Slide 13, point 3)
Actually it is not needed it is optional. It is designed for get configuration for in-app product and store listing, we provide 3 way to do it, oauth login googleplay, export/import googleplay configuration, manually. You can choose one of them to do the configuration.

"I'm assuming you have some kind of middle layer that emulates google play In App Purchase on each of these distributers? Or would it be limited to premium games?"
It depends. If you insist on premium, we can only distribute it on 2 channels, it is limited but works. if you can make a change your game into free part and premium part, then it becomes a f2p game.
I love premium game, it always be high quality, I think it will be widely available in China's Android in the future, but currently, only 2 APK distribution channels supported.

The business model I have in mind is to distribute it for free, but with limitations, and then have In App Purchase, where you can unlock the full game without re-install.

That would mean we need In App Purchase to work, will it with your tech?

What is the dominating business model in China? You say premium is rare. Is also IAP rare?

So is it ads that dominate then?

The business model I have in mind is to distribute it for free, but with limitations, and then have In App Purchase, where you can unlock the full game without re-install.

That would mean we need In App Purchase to work, will it with your tech?

What is the dominating business model in China? You say premium is rare. Is also IAP rare?

So is it ads that dominate then?

Yes, unlock content in-app purchase definitely work with our tech, GooglePlay in-app purchase to other app store in-app purchase.

Premium game is not dominating in China's Android market, but in-app purchase is, not ads.

That is pretty reasonable. In the PC/internet age, Piracy was very common in China because the law didn't care piracy. So no one buy PC game in a game price, everyone buy game in a disc price. In the console age, China didn't allow PS , Xbox or any game console be sold in China mainland. Chinese player buy them in smuggling, again, no one buy game in a game price. So no one develop premium game either.

But when the online game age arrived, everything is different. Player can play them for free, and they pay in the game then money occurs in China's gaming "industry", then f2p games construct China's gaming industry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement