Sign in to follow this  

How to make a simple 3D battlemap to use in RTS game

This topic is 827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Also, if i already made the map, how to load it with simple 3d object (to represent the troops or character) that can move on it and rotate together.

I'm not looking to make a terrain or landscape (yet), flat ground will do and the 3d object on it can be a simple box.

In this case it sounds like your question is really about the use of VPython, including loading and positioning assets.

If you edit your original post to something like "Loading and positioning objects in VPython" I think you can change the thread title and possibly attract people who know more about VPython. You may want to also provide more specific information about what you're doing. You're talking about "flat ground" as opposed to terrain, but you're also asking about how to load a "map", which can mean different things depending on context. Is this a texture that you want to apply to the ground?

sounds like a 2d map on disk, that will be drawn on a flat ground mesh with different tiled textures most likely.  so perhaps a bunch of quads with different textures to draw the ground. and draw some boxes above it, and rotate the scene. pretty straight forward stuff.  definitely need an experienced VPython user to get quick and easy answers as to implementation details though.

In this case it sounds like your question is really about the use of VPython, including loading and positioning assets.

But actually i'm open to anything as guide or tools to make 3d battlemap. I use Vpython because i dont know what else to start with. Oh, i tried Blender before it, too much for me as a beginner. More simple the better, as long i can use it for RTS.

I meant the map dont have to be a terrain with rich features. And it is about how to load the map after i made it, not about texture to apply. What will be the code to load it. Do i have to stick with Vpython for the whole game?

This topic is 827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.