Hello! Where To Start C++

Started by
17 comments, last by Elit3d 8 years, 7 months ago

SFML.net was suggested before. Try that. And try to make Pong. There are plenty of tutorials to create that. For more game ideas, check out the link in my signature below.

your article is the answer of my question thanks !!!

Advertisement

You should stick with C# and use it to actually make games. Making games is more important.

Learning C++ is not just about learning the new syntax; it helps that you know a programming language to some extent already, but C++ involves a very different collection of concepts and practices than C# does. It would be useful for you to know C++ eventually if you want to work in the games industry at a studio that uses primarily C++, but it's far more important for your ability growth to be able to make actual completed games and practice with those processes and paradigms.

so i need to learn games logic ok.where should i begin on c#,do i need to learn something before graphic libraries ? which library do you prefer

Again I suggest learning an engine. This is because without an engine, you will have to develop tools for yourself. Such as level editors/loaders, resource managers ect..., it's almost always useful to "USE" an engine first, because then you see how these things are designed in good systems. Later if you wish to continue learn you can try developing your own systems and the knowledge you picked up from "using" engines will carry over nicely.

Unity is fully scriptable in C# along with the mono/.net libaries are available, which means you can use and learn .net in the process.

One last reason is the cross platform build tools, with unity you can deploy to nearly any platform with just a few clicks.

ok i understand but firstly i must learn little bit c# codes for games after that i will be able to write script on unity and make a better game,i am afraid of after 4 years later they say "you dont know c++" etc thats why i am questioning too much , thanks !!!!

Before start programming games, put one thing on you head: Forget Super Mario games.
Start programming Pong or Asteroid, because if you want start program a big game, certainly you will want give up because is to hard start a project without knowledge

Before start programming games, put one thing on you head: Forget Super Mario games.
Start programming Pong or Asteroid, because if you want start program a big game, certainly you will want give up because is to hard start a project without knowledge

Thanks for advice !! i want to start from zero,so step by step.....

You can also read about some stuff ahead of time to prepare yourself for implementing it later on. A*, and quadtrees come to mind.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

quadtrees ? its about level design right ?

No, it's a data structure to find data ordered by position.

There is a whole body of ideas and solutions of how to go about solving problems you may encounter in a game, right up to scientific research complexity.

It's fun to read about them (at least I find that). Browse through the articles here, and no doubt you will find some articles interesting.

On the other hand, they tend to assume other knowledge, address problems you don't have today, and even may never have.

What I find hard in game programming is to stay focused. The world is a big place with so many ideas and problems, it's easy to spend your time doing anything else than what you really wanted to do.

Time is precious, spend it wisely smile.png (As you can see, I am still working on this one.)

Quadtrees and A* don't go away, there is no real need to study it now, it will still be here when you run into the problem that it aims to solve.

Quadtrees and A* don't go away, there is no real need to study it now, it will still be here when you run into the problem that it aims to solve.

But reading about this type of stuff does give hints about what programmer think about a well, which to me is good insight for the present.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c++-tutorial.html here's a nice place to start

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement