Sign in to follow this  

Tutorials for beginners

This topic is 814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been writing some tutorials for beginners. Is there any place i can put these so anybody can get to them? Right now they're hosted in a private forum.

The tutorials also use a self contained sandbox application, so it'd be nice if i could host that somewhere other than Dropbox.

EDIT: i see that there's a wiki for tutorials, but the last change was 3 years ago. Is it still active?

The wiki is alive even though it is not being updated a lot. It is a good place to store tutorials. Perhaps if you upload your tutorials there the wiki will start getting more updates from others too. :)

I've written a few pages, including a page on the Sandbox application used for the tutorials, and a single tutorial intended to let users set up their environment and test that everything is working properly: http://angelscript.pbworks.com/w/page/100522576/Tutorials

I couldn't find any way to embed source code, so i used horizontal lines and the preformatted data style to mimic it.

I will be adding more tutorials and expanding on existing ones when i have time.

Edited by Solokiller

It's a nice start. Hopefully this will inspire others to create tutorials too. :)

This first tutorial is clearly intended for script writers. Are you planning on writing any tutorials for the application developer too?

I received an email from the person who apparently created the wiki:

Hey,  

I see you're using the pbwiki. I no longer have access to it or interest in it .. if you can get the pbwiki people to transfer it to you you're welcome to it.

This person is called Jm. I don't know how pbwiki works beyond creating pages, so could ownership be transferred to you, Andreas?

This topic is 814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.