Tutorials for beginners

Started by
8 comments, last by WitchLord 8 years, 6 months ago

I've been writing some tutorials for beginners. Is there any place i can put these so anybody can get to them? Right now they're hosted in a private forum.

The tutorials also use a self contained sandbox application, so it'd be nice if i could host that somewhere other than Dropbox.

EDIT: i see that there's a wiki for tutorials, but the last change was 3 years ago. Is it still active?

Advertisement

The wiki is alive even though it is not being updated a lot. It is a good place to store tutorials. Perhaps if you upload your tutorials there the wiki will start getting more updates from others too. :)

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've written a few pages, including a page on the Sandbox application used for the tutorials, and a single tutorial intended to let users set up their environment and test that everything is working properly: http://angelscript.pbworks.com/w/page/100522576/Tutorials

I couldn't find any way to embed source code, so i used horizontal lines and the preformatted data style to mimic it.

I will be adding more tutorials and expanding on existing ones when i have time.

It's a nice start. Hopefully this will inspire others to create tutorials too. :)

This first tutorial is clearly intended for script writers. Are you planning on writing any tutorials for the application developer too?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Right now the focus is on script writers, but once i've finished those i'll write some tutorials on registration and some tricks i've learned.

I've added all of the tutorials i have already written. They were copied from a vBulletin forum, so if there are any formatting issues, that is probably the cause.

I like how you have explained some of the specifics of the script language. I'll probably be referring to these tutorials to answer some recurring questions. :)

I've added some tutorials on classes, they're not finished, but they're getting there.

I received an email from the person who apparently created the wiki:

Hey,
I see you're using the pbwiki. I no longer have access to it or interest in it .. if you can get the pbwiki people to transfer it to you you're welcome to it.

This person is called Jm. I don't know how pbwiki works beyond creating pages, so could ownership be transferred to you, Andreas?

I demoted Deyja (jm) to regular contributor on the wiki just now. Hopefully that should stop pbworks from sending notification e-mails to him.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement