Awesome texturing tool for Photoshop (free)

Started by
2 comments, last by riuthamus 8 years, 7 months ago
I do a short tutorial demonstration of how to use a free tool created for Photoshop by Ash Kendall. ash.kendall(at)gmail.com. The tutorial will show you where to find the script, how to install it, and how to use the tool window to streamline your PBR texture export workflow to Unity.
Youtube_Image.png
Advertisement

Interesting, normally this would be moved to the "Your Announcements" section, but this is 100% art related and free so.... it shall stay.

What gave you the idea of making the unity PBR exporter? Are you planning on making a process for UE4 as well?

Interesting, normally this would be moved to the "Your Announcements" section, but this is 100% art related and free so.... it shall stay.

What gave you the idea of making the unity PBR exporter? Are you planning on making a process for UE4 as well?

I'm working on a game right now called Sarah and The City of Dead, here are some links to info about it.

Official IndieDB Page

Basically I am doing the Unity 5 PBR workflow with the standard shader and I am working on 4-5 texture maps at any given time. It was getting to be a real pain manually updating and saving out each one individually. This tool allows me to keep all of those maps in a single PSD file, hit a single button to export them all at once...and I only have to save and work in one file! Pretty handy and a real time saver.

Oh i get it, I have worked with unity extensively for the past 2 years and can fully understand. Right now my pipeline has 5 different programs that I use to make all of the maps. The PBR setup has been rather annoying to process since I have to go through each of the different programs. So, anything that helps with this process is a + in my book!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement