Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!! I need a beginer's tutorial.

This topic is 5872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

you see that third item under "Resources" in the second column at the top of your screen? go there. i''m sure you''ll be enlightened some.

a2k

More specifically check out

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/gpgenesis1/

it''s the best tutorial I''ve found online. A book on the side and a good understanding of c++ helps ALOT.

A book that's often recommended is "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus", by Andre LaMothe (who gives the impression of being a bit crazy). I've read it, and it's pretty good. It details all the steps needed to create a game, from basic Windows programming right up to AI. That's if you want to spend money.

Otherwise, search the net.

Alistair Keys

"There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on."
-- Robert Byrne

Edited by - Alimonster on November 15, 2001 6:23:31 AM

quote:
Original post by Alimonster
A book that''s often recommended is "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus", by Andre LaMothe (who gives the impression of being a bit crazy). I''ve read it, and it''s pretty good. It details all the steps needed to create a game, from basic Windows programming right up to AI. That''s if you want to spend money.

I have it next to me here. It''s ok, but it helps the best if you''re used to developing for DOS, first (see Teach Yourself Game Programming in 21 days, by the same author). I mean, he covers 320*200 modes, 8 bit color, and so on. Windows is capable of so much more...

(...provided it''s working. )

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net