Sign in to follow this  

problem with vbo

This topic is 822 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello.
I have a camera and i created a system for drawing on the screen the trace of movement of mouse.
The problem is that if i insert in the vbo directly the coords of the mouse of an 800 x 600 window like 172,12,0 ecc..... i see nothing, i must divide the original x and y by a value for see something.
WHy?
i have a camera with a position of 0,0,15 and i set up a prospective projection.
Now the trace of the mouse is far away on the 15 on z is possible to use unproject or something of similar for see the drag of the mose in the real position?
ps. i use glm.
thanks

..and perspective projection is going to take your vertices to clip space, then viewport transformed to window coords which is exactly what you are inputting so what exactly do you expect to happen. I suggest you take a more closer look at the graphics pipeline for the API you are using to see how one goes from vertex data input to what you see onscreen.

could you give more details? How are you creating your projection matrix? How are you using your projection matrix/vbo data? Have you set the GlViewPort to 800x600? Did you bind the vbo?

Edited by Solid_Spy

This topic is 822 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.