• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Reducing Post-Processing Aliasing ?

This topic is 891 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys,

I'm getting flicker when I apply image-based post-processing effects; everything looks great until there is movement so maybe this falls under frame cohesion.

I tried somethng simple by applying a Sobel filter and adding 25% of it to the output, it causes unacceptable flicker, especially on the moving objects (characters.)

I'm not using any post AA shaders so maybe that's the route I should go ? Perhaps I can use supersampling, I can probably render to 2x and downsample but will that destroy the effect I'm shooting for ? I don't know what to do or even if I should be working with image-space effects.

Thanks.

Advertisement

I'm not using any post AA shaders so maybe that's the route I should go ? Perhaps I can use supersampling, I can probably render to 2x and downsample but will that destroy the effect I'm shooting for ? I don't know what to do or even if I should be working with image-space effects.

Supersampling is 4x the screen resolution, besides memory issues you will have performance issues. Check your video card, I think that nvidia at least provides some hardware AA based on image data alone (FXAA), this could be a quick way to test it out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement