Sign in to follow this  

Visual Studio and Agile/Scrum book, or other resource, recommendations wanted.

This topic is 815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm sure many of you have seen my other recent post, but in case not...

I've been out of work for some time due to ill health, but just recently got the urge to dabble in some 3D Graphics Programming again.

I've downloaded Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition, have ordered Frank D. Luna's "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Directx 11", and have started re-familiarising myself with Visual Studio.

Now, the thing is, I've not touched VS for well over 5 years, and, boy, have they added new stuff!

And, I'm looking to find a book(s), or other resource(s), that will help bring me up to speed with all the new features (unit tests, integration with Visual Studio Online, etc, etc), and at least an overview of Agile and/or Scrum.

So, what book(s), and other resource(s), would people recommend?

Obviously there is this website, and the MSDN, and will be spending some time on both of those, but I have always found I learn much better from a book than a website (even one as great as this one clearly is).

Thanks in advance.

Scott Hill.

Thanks.

Most of the above isn't quite what I was looking for, but all looks useful and so will go on my potential future reading/viewing list.

I've found the VSO documention to be pretty helpful, so far, so I think that might cover all I need to know, with respect to the project management and source control features, for what I'm wanting to do.

But, I would welcome any further recommendations, particularly with respect to the testing functionality within Visual Studio (which is something it didn't have last time I used it, and though it looks really simple, and straightforward, I suspect there might be more to it than first meets the eye).

This topic is 815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.