Debug tutorials

Started by
3 comments, last by Boltimus 22 years, 5 months ago
I appologize if this question has been asked. Is there anywhere (wether online here a Gamedev or elsewhere) where one could find a good tutorial on using the debugger for Microsoft Visual Studio? Thanks. ~Bolt ~ Boltimus ~
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Advertisement
personally, I do not use the debugger for VC. I insert some test code that reports variables that I suspect to be the problem.. and track down the problem.

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

"Debugging Applications" By John Robbins. Alternatively, check out his BugSlayer column on MSDN
thanks all! I''ll check it out Void, thanks!

~Bolt

~ Boltimus ~
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Yuo ain''t really smart by using only TRACE etc messages since they won''t give you a FULL power of a debug tool by MS.. Try getting more inside debugging by yourdself, put some breakpoints etc and soon you''ll see that tmp vars were just waisting your lines..
Believe me, its VERY powerful tool..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement