Sign in to follow this  

Bets places for Master's degree programs in Game Design in Europe

This topic is 793 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

maybe you are aware of this already, in this case ignore my repsonse completly:

Game Design is no entry level job. That means you most probably (safe getting a streak of luck and being able to skip many steps along the way thanks to your skill or connections) start as a level designer, or even QA Tester. And as far as I could tell from the response from other people, getting into a design position from a coding, or maybe even an artist background is very well possible.

So if you are open to it, also check out IT/coding and art masters, depending on your skills. Getting a foot in the door of the industry and showing game design aptitude above your daily jobs necessities seems to be more important in getting into design than having the right degree from the start.

If you haven't, check out Tom Slopers excellent Website full of good advice for aspiring game designers (http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html).

Apart from that I have nothing to add. Good luck finding just the right school for you. 

Edited by Gian-Reto

maybe you are aware of this already, in this case ignore my repsonse completly:

Game Design is no entry level job. That means you most probably (safe getting a streak of luck and being able to skip many steps along the way thanks to your skill or connections) start as a level designer, or even QA Tester. And as far as I could tell from the response from other people, getting into a design position from a coding, or maybe even an artist background is very well possible.

So if you are open to it, also check out IT/coding and art masters, depending on your skills. Getting a foot in the door of the industry and showing game design aptitude above your daily jobs necessities seems to be more important in getting into design than having the right degree from the start.

If you haven't, check out Tom Slopers excellent Website full of good advice for aspiring game designers (http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html).

Apart from that I have nothing to add. Good luck finding just the right school for you. 

Very helpful, thank you very much!

This topic is 793 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.