VB prob again

Started by
9 comments, last by Malachi 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi again, Im half way creating my menu through VB but I came across an other problem. I have created a text box and I want it, so if the user clicks on the text box it will open the folder it has linked to in Windows Explorer. Does anyone know how to do ths?
Advertisement
From what I understand of your problem description you want to run explorer, and specify which folder to open?

Try the following:

Call Shell("explorer /c /e," & strFolder, vbNormal)

Remove the /c argument if you want the folder pane on the left side of Explorer.
Hey, thanks.
1.how can I make my form change the screen resolution? As I dont want the user to change it manually everytime they want to load my menu.
2.Im try to load a movie clip using this command,
Shell "C:\menu\clips\1.mpg"
But I get the error "Invalid procedure call or argument (Error 5)" How can I get this to work, do I have to add an Windows Media Player component?

Edited by - malachi on November 15, 2001 11:31:27 AM
Try the ShellExecute API instead, check planetsourcecode.com for help on your other question..
www.persistentrealities.com for Inline ASM for VB, VB Fibre, and other nice code samples in C++, PHP, ASP, etc.<br/>Play Yet Another Laser Game!<br/>
Where/how would I put ShellExecute API into my source?
Malachi take some time to look into it and try to solve your problems. Dont ask tons of questions like that, you are asking us to practically write your whole code.
MSN Messenger: Thomas_Szafran@hotmail.com
I have,Ive spent 5 days writing this menu. I came arcoss loads of probs and get them sorted, these are the ones which are bothering me. I was ment to get this done by Friday. Even the VB teachers at my college are clueless.
They have VB teachers at college?!?!
Ok, seriously, do this:
Type "ShellExecute" in your code, and then hit the "F1" key (it is a little square key towards the upper left of your keyboard, and it says "F1" on it).
No....your not funny. But thanks anyway, yes we do have VB teachers at my college, I have no idea how my college managed to get hold of them as its so rubbish.
In VB there is an add-in called "API Viewer" that is essentially a user-interface for retrieving the majority of the API calls, constants and structures used in Windows programming. Start the add-in and load the win32api.txt file. In the declarations, look for ShellExecute, copy and paste. Simple!

For information about the API just look it up on the Microsoft MSDN.

Edited by - tph on November 16, 2001 11:26:49 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement