• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kid

Geforce 3

This topic is 6090 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

this isn''t exactly specific to opengl. I just rescently got my hands on a 3D prophet III. It came with the Nvidia tech demos, and they are really cool. Does anyone know of other games or applications that take advantage of the new hardware features ? (besides the blindingly huge fill rates? My computer now eats Quake 3 for breakfast) I remember seeing a few little demo-games that took advantage of geforce3 hardware on 3DFiles.com before it was discontinued *sniff* but now I can''t find anything on it. Thanx in advance for your help. The Kid I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

Advertisement
"Independence War 2" is the only game that I have played that maked ues of GF3 only hardware, but I
know that are a few out there "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" comes to mind. but like the other reply
said check the nvida web sigt I saw a list of games that ues the GF3 there. P.S. IW2 gooks really good with the
GF3 I had a Geforce 256 SDR and got a GeForce 3 ti 200 a week ago and I was relly impresed that the
difference, it is a space fighting/trading simulater and with the GF3 you can see much more detal on ships.

AQUANOX! The demo was released just a few days ago. I think it even uses vertex and pixel shaders which is a first I think in a commercial game.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!