Use openGL in game engines

Started by
2 comments, last by Hodgman 8 years, 6 months ago

Hello. I Would like the make a small add for an android game. This addon requires that I have a small ui menu. This menu has to be compatible with all game engines. Does anyone know how i could make a addon for a game that can be cross compatible with all major game engines. I know that opengl is used alot . Can I directly access open gl from a java game engine and draw the menu i need for my game addon. Because If opengl is used with so many game engines then my code should be compatible with most of them. Is that true. If im wrong what is the most cross compatible ui that i can use for a game addition. This addition servers a sertine purpose which isnt important now, its somthing that interacts with my phone while im playing a game. So I want to make an addon that I can add into most games and have it compatible on alot of game engines. Thanks for the help bye.

Advertisement

Compatiable with engines? Depends on the engine...

OpenGL is cross-platform, which is a + for what you want.

Sounds like he might want to hack F2P games to activate IAP from a custom cheat menu? This would be unethical and not particularly related to OpenGL.

"Addons" for games are usually called mods. Game usually have to be designed to support mods. Most mobile games are not designed to support mods... so the details for how to make one will vary greatly on a case by case basis. You'll have to reverse engineer / hack apart each game individually to find the best way to modify and extend it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement