Win32 books..tutorials...ANYTHING!

Started by
6 comments, last by Sinner_Zero 22 years, 5 months ago
Dangit, i can''t find a single detailed tutorial set or book for win32, any suggestions anyone? Yes I already use winprog.org....a bit lacking I must say. Unless that really is all there is too it. I mean, I would really like something at least a bit more detailed.
Advertisement
"windows 98 programming from the ground up"

thats a good book
"Programming Windows" by Charles Petzhold. I received a copy in the post recently after reading several recommendations. It will certainly add flesh to the bones of the winprog tutorial. Do post your opinions, you and I seem to be in the same boat.
Ok, about the books that say like Win98, or Win2000, I mean, should I just stick to 98'' assuming that it will work with 98 and up? cuz if I use stuff from a 2000 book it might not work on 98 right?
Most part of the API should be compatible. Although some function arguments are OS dependant, and some functions only exist for specific OSes; the exceptions should be commented at your book, and documented at MSDN.

Use a book or any online article to get a feeling about the API, and then switch to MSDN and extend your knowledge by having it as your handbook. It''s straightforward and details those specific OS differences you mentioned. Furthermore it''s kept by Microsoft, and they (are supposed to) know more about their OSes than anyone else.
Cool man, thnx a ton. All you people are thanked of course :D
here you go...
You didn''t mention that you wanted info in some specific programming-language....
so was Assembly what you had in mind ?
http://grc.com/smgassembly.htm

it is quite informative even if assembly might be a little Non OO these days
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm looking for work
Actually, i''m planning on looking into some assembly as soon as I can handle at least the basics of Win32 with no beef.

Thnx for the link, it''s got even more links too =D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement