GNU ownership, Software - an everywhere epidemic

Started by
48 comments, last by frob 8 years, 6 months ago
?
Advertisement

I think software should be proprietary, so a select few can 'keep it secure' through secrecy. In return, I grant them a monopoly and trust that they have my best interest at heart, and will do the right thing no matter what it costs them.

If just anyone can write or control software, they'll misuse it to create viruses and steal financial information. At the very least we record who has what software in a national database, require users to notify the government of all changes to said software, and generally not give them any benefit of doubt. Especially if they buy two pieces of software in any one week (true story), they might be a terrorist, so we should flag them and all future software purchases they might make, and even tell the TSA to keep a closer eye on them.

Rabble. Rabble. RABBLE!

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

I totally agree, with all the souls I purchased from republicans.

In addition, I only use free range software, because caged software causes autism. I have registered all of my gluten-free children in gluten-free schools.

I think if we are to achieve perfect productivity, we must remove all of this Jerry Seinfeld propaganda from all of the debuggers.

Something something global warming.
I didn't even get the joke until I saw the two threads side by side.

The fact that you even consider this worthy of discussion when Matt Damon is still stuck on Mars every Friday night just goes to demonstrate your collective ignorance of why they really sent a probe to Pluto.

I think good steps are not owning the software (eg Windows), or making reverse engineering illegal (eg car software)

But it's not the software that kills systems it's the developers...

What's funny is it's actually what i wrongly read the first thread title as the first time around before i clicked on it and found out what the subject was.

Love free software but hate "free for everyone except those who don't keep it free" software, such a licensing and technical pain to have 2 uncompatible worlds, mad love for bsd or similar licenses.

I personally think we should ban all high powered bison and water buffalo. These dangerous creatures should be for farmers only. Let the public keep their gnus!

Gnus don't kill people. Richard M. Stallman kills people.

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement