The f***ing horrible nfl madden games!

Started by
10 comments, last by SirWeeble 8 years, 5 months ago
So im new but i have played madden for years, i stopped playing in 06 and just bought madden 16,....it is fing horrible it looks like the madden i played years ago, i also bought nba 2k16 and omfg, it is amazing.
As game dev fans, even if you dont like sports play it its the best game i have ever played.

Any way would it be liegle to get a bunch of fans together and make a football game for free/personal use?
">

Advertisement

It would not be legal under any circumstances to use real teams, real players, real mascots, etc, if that's what you're asking.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

Any way would it be liegle to get a bunch of fans together and make a game for free?

So you're asking a question of legality (too bad the subject line comes nowhere near to indicating what your post is about). Moving this to Business/Law.

btw, your question is unclear. Of course it's legal to make a game with anyone you want and to charge whatever price (or lack of price) you wish. Why would you think there's any law against that?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well dang never mind, no it was just a friendly question for people that like making games guess this is the wrong site.

Don't take life so seriously buddy, have fun, go get laid.

It would not be legal under any circumstances to use real teams, real players, real mascots, etc, if that's what you're asking.

Well there is always a way around that ha, but no just wondering, because Madden makes so much money but does not care about the quality of the game it's been the same even worse for years

Well there is always a way around that ha,

The only legal way around that (and you were asking about legality) is to pay a LOT of money in licencing fees. It doesn't matter if it's a free game or not. It also doesn't matter whether or not it's for personal use, though so long as you didn't distribute the game, the chances of getting in trouble over it are next to none.

Well there is always a way around that ha,

The only legal way around that (and you were asking about legality) is to pay a LOT of money in licencing fees. It doesn't matter if it's a free game or not. It also doesn't matter whether or not it's for personal use, though so long as you didn't distribute the game, the chances of getting in trouble over it are next to none.
Or just change all the names to something similar like brett farve to jett carve or something lpl as long as the gameplay was better I bet you could get people to not buy Madden anymore until they changed it or some people anyway.
In 02 Madden made the most money off any game I heard. And they own all the rights.that's why 2k can't do it anymore

I recently shipped an unlicensed sports game. We put made up teams / players on the disc (e.g. rhymes of the real names!), alongside a really in-depth player creator.
We launched the player creator on Steam a year before the game came out, so the fans had enough time to recreate every real player that you could think of.
When you first launch the game, the first thing it asks you is "Would you like to download the highest rated community content", and if you click yes, then the game replaces all of our fake players with the real ones created by the community! laugh.pngbiggrin.png

If you want to recruit a team, post in this section of the website:
http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds
Recruitment posts will be deleted from the main forums.

However, if you want to make a game of similar quality to Madden, you'll need a few million dollars to pay dozens of professional staff... Or enough charisma to convince a few dozen professional staff they they should forgo payment on a few million dollars worth of work... Games of that caliber are not easy (cheap) to make.
To form a team, you'll probably also want to have a lot of gamedev skill yourself, enough to convince other people to work with you (not for you).

What kind of gamedev experience do you have?

We launched the player creator on Steam a year before the game came out, so the fans had enough time to recreate every real player that you could think of.

That's... Genius. Evil genius, no less. Let your playerbase violate copyright so you don't have to.

I can't believe I've never thought of that.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

That's... Genius. Evil genius, no less. Let your playerbase violate copyright so you don't have to.

I can't believe I've never thought of that.
Technically the content-sharing server is disributing infringing content, so the server operator needs to have a DMCA takedown policy in place, and respond to any requests to remove illegal content. It's still somewhat of a grey area, legally, but in the same category as YouTube/etc. IIRC, we opened a sister company in an Asian nation with a lax record on copyright enforcement and host the server from there, just in case :lol:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement