• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
moataz

soccer manager game

This topic is 1104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to make game like onlinesoccermanager.com
And don't know from where I can start
Thanks in advance

Advertisement
I don't know the game, is it really online, as in, you play it on the web?
In that case, I'd look into web-based gaming. Don't have any experience with that, but JavaScript is used a lot there, so that could be a starting point.

This is a web-based game and usually web application consist of backend (located on a server) and frontend (drawn in a browser) apps. If you don't need to make a complex rich application then backend will be just enough. For this you need to know some server-side language like Python/PHP/JavaScript. In my opinion Python is the best choice and here you can find a really good book:

Then you need to use some framework to base you backend on. There are Django/Flask/Bottle, I think that Django is simple enough for quick start and to get some understanding you can try their tutorial:
or just read docs:

Also need to know HTML/CSS and JavaScript, but they are quite simple and there are a lot of info in the net, like:

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!