SFML with C++ Tutorial Series

Started by
4 comments, last by frob 8 years, 6 months ago

Several years ago I created a SFML tutorial series that to this day is still proving quite popular. A fair bit has changed, both in the land of SFML, C++ and my ability to make tutorials. Therefore I've launched a new SFML focused tutorial series. Given that SFML is extremely popular among beginners and on this particular forum, I decided to share it here.

Unlike the previous tutorial, this one is both text and video based. Both text and video versions cover basically the same information, so simply pick the format that you are most comfortable with. This series is aimed at relative beginners, it assumes a certain knowledge of C++ but goes into enough detail that a C#, Java or C developer or of course a C++ beginner with a bit of language knowledge, should easily be able to follow along.

Right now the series consists of:

In time I will add a table of contents and update accordingly. This series is a priority for me, so expect frequent new posts over the next couple weeks. A new tutorial on keyboard input should be up very shortly.

As always feedback is certainly appreciated. If you are following along and I lost your somewhere, certainly let me know!

Advertisement

From the rules, For Beginners is a place for beginners to ask questions, not a place to post information for beginners.

Moving to Your Announcements, where this is a better fit.

From the rules, For Beginners is a place for beginners to ask questions, not a place to post information for beginners.

Moving to Your Announcements, where this is a better fit.

Unfortunately Your Announcement is a horrible fit for tutorial posts, basically a spam graveyard with very little discussion and few eyeballs. It would be nice if there was a tutorial or learning resources section on this site.

As it stands Ive found there is almost no point to post tutorials in this forum. Sadly.

Then create your own journal/blog entry, or write it up as a potential article.

I hate to say it, but right now the collection of links is little more than an attempt to direct traffic to your site. The redirects to your site does not invite discussion, and this site is all about discussion.

Either way, it definitely doesn't belong in For Beginners. That's the place for beginners to safely ask questions, not a place for information directed at beginners.

Edit:nm

So the content has to be hosted here to be discussed here?

We're a discussion board. We talk about things. "Come look at my site" is not discussion, it's an ad. It's okay to put ads in the comment tagline and such, but they don't work well as discussion.

There are frequent discussions about content found on other sites. That happens all the time. If you want to discuss something about it, feel free.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement