• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xeyedmary

Maintaining Relative Position of Slider in a Window

This topic is 1101 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've written an application framework suitable for use in a wide variety of desktop applications using GTKMM and the STL. Its a typical MVC pattern and I've added a few bells & whistles including a most recently used document list of my own design (I don't partiularly care for the one that comes with GTKMM, its seems to be a serialized stream that is shared among all GTKMM applications).

The problem I'm facing is the main view of my application has a divider bar separating two window, and if the app frame is re-sized the divider doesn't move relative to the frame, it stays in position reltive to the desktop. So if I resize the app frame small enough the divider dissappears.

I've tried adding code to my app's on_signal_resize event that calculates the main's geometry and moves the divider as a ratio of its position to the side of the frame, but its just not working. I don't know if I'm using the right event signal; as in: by the time the signal is sent the calculation is not valid, or I'm not sure what. Anyone got any expeience in such things? Is there another sevent signal I should be processing?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!