Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My horrible idea that will only end in ruin

This topic is 5872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Heres my idea, a first person rpg, made with THE ORIGINAL WOLFENSTIEN 3D ENGINE Oh yes, thats right, and the best part is, it already almost works! but there is a problem, i cant seem to find the part of the code that controls enemy movement, so although i can talk to the people i place in the game, they constlantly shoot at me does anyone know what i can do?

Guest Anonymous Poster
I think you should leave it like that. It will make your dialog much more exciting!

They''re probably just designed to shoot automatically.. it might not even be turn-offable. I''m thinking through my playing experience with that game (ages 11-13) and can''t think of a single instance in which a bad guy could see me but wasn''t shooting at me.

Heh, you could construct a transparent wall that was always infront of the player and just turned off when the badguys were _supposed_ to be shooting at you.. "Hello *patwing!* Would you like to *zzzing* buy something *kapowwww!*"

Then again.. I don''t recall a single diagonal wall either.. *shrug*

good luck ;p

-riley

quote:
Original post by rileyriley

Then again.. I don''t recall a single diagonal wall either.. *shrug*

That''s a limitation of the raycasting technique they used for hidden surface removal. All walls must be on a regular, rectangular grid.

Anyway black_mage_s, the AI code that you''re looking for is in WL_ACT2.c

Just look around for comments or function names that involve the word ''shoot'' or ''shot''

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by black_mage_s
Player "Hello stranger"
Stranger "ACH BIN LEIBER!"
*bang bang bang*

If thats not the funniest thing ive ever heard, I dont know what is! LOL

Z.