My horrible idea that will only end in ruin

Started by
7 comments, last by black_mage_s 22 years, 5 months ago
Heres my idea, a first person rpg, made with THE ORIGINAL WOLFENSTIEN 3D ENGINE Oh yes, thats right, and the best part is, it already almost works! but there is a problem, i cant seem to find the part of the code that controls enemy movement, so although i can talk to the people i place in the game, they constlantly shoot at me does anyone know what i can do?
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
Advertisement
I think you should leave it like that. It will make your dialog much more exciting!
oh yes, wont that be a treat, i can just imagine the complex diologe...

Player "Hello stranger"
Stranger "ACH BIN LEIBER!"
*bang bang bang*
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
They''re probably just designed to shoot automatically.. it might not even be turn-offable. I''m thinking through my playing experience with that game (ages 11-13) and can''t think of a single instance in which a bad guy could see me but wasn''t shooting at me.

Heh, you could construct a transparent wall that was always infront of the player and just turned off when the badguys were _supposed_ to be shooting at you.. "Hello *patwing!* Would you like to *zzzing* buy something *kapowwww!*"

Then again.. I don''t recall a single diagonal wall either.. *shrug*

good luck ;p

-riley
--Riley
GREAT IDEA....
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm looking for work
quote:Original post by rileyriley

Then again.. I don''t recall a single diagonal wall either.. *shrug*

That''s a limitation of the raycasting technique they used for hidden surface removal. All walls must be on a regular, rectangular grid.

Anyway black_mage_s, the AI code that you''re looking for is in WL_ACT2.c

Just look around for comments or function names that involve the word ''shoot'' or ''shot''
quote:Original post by black_mage_s
Player "Hello stranger"
Stranger "ACH BIN LEIBER!"
*bang bang bang*

If thats not the funniest thing ive ever heard, I dont know what is! LOL

Z.
Are you there, Hans?
Ja!
*BANG*

--

MP3 Dancer

Get A Stripper on your desktop

quote:Original post by taliesin73
Are you there, Hans?
Ja!
*BANG*

--

MP3 Dancer

Get A Stripper on your desktop

oh god!
i actually remeber that

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement