Export Object from Maya to Unity3d

Started by
1 comment, last by warhound 8 years, 6 months ago

Hey guys,

I wasn't too sure where to post this, so I figured that this is a relatively beginner problem.

So as the title implies, I've been trying to export an object I modeled in Maya to Unity3d. When I export it as an FBX, I'm not able to export the textures, as they are not supported by the FBX plugin. Any ideas on what I should do?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

Import the mesh first then the textures as separate images, construct the material in Unity.

If you use procedural textures, UV unwrap the mesh, bake the material to a texture then save the texture, import into Unity.

Unity is a good game engine, unfortunately importing assets into Unity is a large pain. This is only the beginning of your problems.

Import the mesh first then the textures as separate images, construct the material in Unity.

If you use procedural textures, UV unwrap the mesh, bake the material to a texture then save the texture, import into Unity.

Unity is a good game engine, unfortunately importing assets into Unity is a large pain. This is only the beginning of your problems.

Yea I used some procedural textures, so I guess I'll have to bake the material. I love Unity, but it's been tough to get my own custom assets into the engine. I guess I'll have to learn to bake materials for different objects.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement