Need a suggestion on what background/materials I should use for my 2D game

Started by
4 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 8 years, 6 months ago

I'm new at game development and I am making a mobile game at the moment, to kind of "test the waters" and see how things work. The problem right now is that I can't find a good material for the cubes (I was thinking of a glass/diamond material but I couldn't find any) or the background so that it can all look appropriate. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

LGQXv.png

Advertisement

Anyone?

A pattern (texture) supplied by the player (with selection of defaults to select from)

- sized down to match the usual rendered size of your cube faces ???

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

You could try googling, or maybe you get lucky and find an image you like on www.opengameart.org .

If you can't find one you need to create it yourself (or find an artist):

- Take a camera and take pictures, then crop and resize them.

- Create it yourself, for example, get Inkscape and make a simple vector image, then export it as a bitmap.

material

This isn't a game design question. Moving it elsewhere.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Make them look heavy using a stone texture, it will also explain why they don't brake if they where glass.

For the background you could use a canyon, but make it look like the player is watching from inside the canyon. This will give the player a sense of depth while making them feel inclosed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement