Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funkodysse

What is wrong?

hi. if(raknare>30)raknare=0; raknare=raknare+0.04; HDC hdc=GetDC(hWnd); SetTextColor(hdc,RGB(0,0,0)); float sinusen=sin(raknare); float cosinusen=cos(raknare; sprintf(texten,"raknare=%f", raknare); TextOut(hdc,100,100,texten,strlen(texten)); sprintf(texten,"sin-raknare=%f", sinusen); TextOut(hdc,100,120,texten,strlen(texten)); sprintf(texten,"cos-raknare=%f", cosinusen); TextOut(hdc,100,140,texten,strlen(texten)); D3DXMATRIX Worldrotate D3DXMATRIX Worldtranslate; D3DXMATRIX matWorld; D3DXMatrixTranslation(&Worldtranslate, sinusen*2, cosinusen*2, 0); D3DXMatrixRotationYawPitchRoll(&Worldrotate, raknare, raknare, raknare); D3DXMatrixMultiply(&matWorld, &Worldrotate, &Worldtranslate); g_pd3dDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_WORLD, &matWorld ); this is so strange. if i change the rotation scheme by adding e.x a variabel to the D3DXMatrixRotationYawPitchRoll (like the counting variable "raknare"), the translation changes??, why is that?. have i done some wrong with the Matrixmultiply so that the the 2 D3DXMatrixTranslation and D3DXMatrixRotationYawPitchRoll are affecting each other?. Edited by - Funkodysse on November 16, 2001 5:26:13 AM

Guest Anonymous Poster
Translate, THEN rotate.
The order of your matrix calculations DOES matter

so instead of this:
D3DXMatrixMultiply(&matWorld, &Worldrotate, &Worldtranslate);

this:
D3DXMatrixMultiply(&matWorld, &Worldtranslate, &Worldrotate);

?

i tried that but it didn't help, the object is like a drunk dude now . rolling around on the screen . but is it possible to make a straight y,x,z translation and still rotate the object, or is the rotation affecting the translation so the rotation distorts the y,x,z translation?

Edited by - Funkodysse on November 15, 2001 12:24:50 PM

Edited by - Funkodysse on November 19, 2001 3:56:13 AM

I tried to swap the order of translate and rotate on my laptop, and there it worked but not on my stationery?. how come?.

thanks in advance

Edited by - Funkodysse on November 16, 2001 5:27:09 AM