• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DeFessler

UE4 RTS StarCraft 2 Movement

This topic is 1091 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Everyone!

I was hoping to get a little bit of advice. I am playing around with UE4 and I am trying to control a group of characters. UE4 uses Recast Navigation for it's NavMesh and you have the option for using DetourCrowds for avoidance. I am trying to get more familiar with recast navigation so it's a bit difficult for me still. 

Anyway, the problem I am trying to solve is that I want to prevent units from fighting for a spot when they are being moved. The solution that I like a lot is how StarCraft 2 handles it. When a group of units moves through a stationary group, the stationary group moves out of the way of the moving units and allows them to pass through seamlessly. Does anyone know what I can do to get information on how to implement this style of movement in UE4?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!