Muli-Res Maps (Game Programming Gems)

Started by
3 comments, last by Crunchy 22 years, 5 months ago
I was trying to understand the code given for the Multi-Resolution Maps for Interaction Detection in Game Programming Gems I (section 4.6, pg 406). I think I''ve got most of it figured out but I''m having one hang-up. In the method ProccessCollisions it initializes a variable called walker to be the next GameObject in the list for that square. It then goes into a while loop that proccess one level at a time untill it reaches the lowest res map. What I can''t figure out is what happens to walker after the first time through the loop. It seems to me that walker should be reset to be the first object in the higher res map square. Could someone help clue me in on what''s going on here? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Can anyone give me some help on this?
Does no one have this book or does no one understand multi resolution maps? Am I posting this in the wrong forum?
I honestly never heard about multi-resolution maps for collision detection. I can vaguely imagine on how they might be used for that, but since this will mostly work in 2D, it''s not interesting for me.
Can''t you contact the original author of your paper ?
I thought that Game Programming Gems was a fairly popular book and that it would be faster to just post the question here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement