cmake "game" target

Started by
5 comments, last by WitchLord 8 years, 5 months ago
Attached a tiny suggestion to change building samples/game/ optional [off by default] and rename it to "angelscript-game"; don't think AS should steal such a perfect name smile.png

Games are meant to be created, not played...

Advertisement

What impact does the name of the sample have? There is only one sample with the name 'game' so why do you think it is necessary to change the name?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

It's a small detail really, but "game" should be available for top-level CMakeLists if AS is added there via add_subdirectory().

Speaking of using AngelScript as subproject, can you recommend any git mirror which is frequently updated and have zero modifications? I keep finding ones which sooner or later are abandoned or start changing stuff.

What do you mean by top-level CMakeLists?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand cmake, as I don't use this myself. The current cmake file was provided by someone from the community.

I guess the problem isn't really the name of the 'game' sample, but the fact that the CMakeLists.txt for the library is including it as a sub_directory. I guess this is not really the correct way to do it. Would it be enough to simply remove the last line in the angelscript/projects/cmake/CMakeLists.txt?

I don't keep track of git mirrors. The only official repository for AngelScript that exist is the svn repository that is hosted on SourceForge.net at http://svn.code.sf.net/p/angelscript/code

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Would it be enough to simply remove the last line in the angelscript/projects/cmake/CMakeLists.txt?

Yeah, plus a small tweak; with config like below game will be built only when user wants to, and totally ignored if all he wants is a library.

Thanks. That appears to be more logical.

I'll have this checked in as soon as possible.

Checked in to revision 2245.

Regards,

Andreas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement