• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pvarg

How to using DXUTReset3DEnvironment()

This topic is 1141 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!

I'm trying to migrate my game projekt.

Have using VS 2005  and DXSDK2006 jun.

Now with Win10 there are maybe a chance to use new tools but with old programming style (from 2006).

Thanks to backward compability.....?!?

Using VS2010 and DXSDK2010 jun should this be possible.

Everything compiles fine but not in main.cpp ... when starting new level then the program goes to PrepareNewLevel().

In PrepareNewLevel() I resetting sounds and set positions for some objects and much more and finally

DXUTReset3DEnvironment() which start up callbacks so everything could be set up again but with level++.

There are DXUTReset3DEnvironment9() and DXUTReset3DEnvironment10() in DXUT.cpp (DXSDK2010).

And in SDKMisc.h (is under DXUT and Optional) are this code

protected:

friend HRESULT WINAPI   DXUTReset3DEnvironment();

The same code as in DXSDK2006.
But it can't find definition code in DXUT.cpp!

Output when compiling my projekt with VS2010 and DXSDK2010.

1>Fal3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __stdcall DXUTReset3DEnvironment(void)" (?DXUTReset3DEnvironment@@YGJXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl PrepareNewLevel(void)" (?PrepareNewLevel@@YAXXZ)
1>C:\Fal3D\Debug\Fal3D.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Why can't I use DXUTReset3DEnvironment()?

Edited by pvarg

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!