Advice needed

Started by
2 comments, last by Sand_Hawk 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys, I just started out with Windows programming and DirectX. But that''s not the part that I need advice in. A simple Windows program is actually kinda big(lots code of doing nothing). Do you guys write every time when you start with a new project all the code yourself or do you just load a standard Windows source and modify this one? I thought the best solution is just to create a standard file and Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V it into the new project. How do you guys do it? Thanks anyway, Sand HAwk -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
Advertisement
I copy a standard one.
As long as you understand what''s going on with the basic Win32 skeleton, I see no need to torture yourself by writing it out from scratch each time you use it.

~~~~~~~~~~
"Usewhitespacetoenhancereadability" - Steve McConnell, Code Complete
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I have a frame file that has the window loading code and Init() Shutdown() and GameMain() routines in it. I saved it on a disk so I wouldn''t write over it and I just load it and make necessary changes every time I start a new project.
------------------------------------KaBeeM Web
<><
I just stuffed all of my StartUp/ShutDown code into one file. Then, all I had to do -say, for seting up DX- is write one line of code. It also helps when I want to fix something that''s not working: I can easily setup DX and not have to decide whether it''s my initialization code that''s failing or the actual game-specific code that I am writing.

~ There''s no substitute for failure ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement