?should i do!

Started by
1 comment, last by simple 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello Guys .... i am new to game programming , but i know C/C++ Programming... can any body tell me is their any advantage for me to start learning Game Programming with Direct X , i mean after all this Xp problems auth code stuff , do you think many people would be shifting to linux or not upgrading to XP , you think dx 9.0 will be suported on win2K , and Only OpenGL is the way to go now.. These questions are bothering me alot , if somebody can help i would be pleased..., and there is some thing more can i use .md3 models in my games made with milkshape( registered version) and sell them .. Thanks....
Advertisement
People will not switch to Linux, or atleast I think its unlikely that the numbers of people switching will make it the most popular pc operating system. I dont see that microsoft would let directx die especially with all the effort they have put into making it. Anyway its not the API that you use that makes you a games programmer, its the programming, learn how to use one API on one operating system then switching to another isnt as difficult as you might think. In answer to your last question, yes you can use Milkshape to made models for your games, direct3d has a 3d format that milkshape can export directly too or you can use other file formats that milkshape also supports. However if you are new to game development you might do well to start with 2d games programming to get your feet wet then progress onto 3d later.

Ballistic Programs

Edited by - drazgal on November 15, 2001 5:24:49 PM
Don''t worry about the XP auth code cr*p. It''s to twart pirates.. we all respect other coder''s work don''t we?

Just make your game using your favorite OS and you can port the code to a different one if you want to.

Linux is a good OS.. but more software venders such as symantec,adobe, and a countless others need to recognize linux as a profitable venture.

Yes, I know GIMP and others are basically the same, but do they have a name value? Go to a graphics company and ask if anyone supports or works with GIMP?

It''s coming around, but it''s going to take awhile.

..just some thoughts

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement