• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to start programming a simple TCG game in JAVA?

This topic is 898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm a beginner in JAVA. So I wonder, where should I begin with a simple TCG game, nothing fancy. I created 4 TCG cards (2x hero and a soldier against each other) and I want them to interact with each other in a 2D graphical environment in JAVA(for a start:). I want to make something like Might and Magic Duel of Champions with cards and heroes from ancient history(educational game for kids to interest them in history and archaeology). So I need to know what should be the skeleton for the game, on what part of the hard coding should I concentrate at first. Simple "where to begin". If you can suggest sites, books or examples of code where I can begin. But I prefer advice from programmers. :) Thanx for the help.

Advertisement

JavaFX is a great choice because it's already integrated with Java 8 and higher.  

There's also two libraries in my signature below for 3d and 3d/2d multi-platform (respectively), but they're probably not as good a starting point as FX.  (Also, FX looks better on a resume for most jobs, hah.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement