Sandbox Adventure, HTML5 visual novel engine

Started by
29 comments, last by DrSchizo 7 years, 5 months ago

This is not my type of game, but I think my kids might be interested in this sort of thing. Is there any rating system on these stories? Some of them seem a little "adult."

Anyway, good luck with the project, looks promising!

Check out "Star Explorers" on Steam: Early Access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/502720/Star_Explorers/

Advertisement

Heartbaked

A pastry-based otome game that's too sweet for you!

In a beautiful elven village hidden away in a lovely little forest, one pastry chef has just reached the last recipe in a sacred book passed down from her grandmother. Ginger has waited her entire career and quite possibly her life for this, and cannot wait to finally have created everything inside. However, the last recipe requires an ingredient that she doesn’t have in her pantry. TRUE LOVE! Ginger must go on a journey to find this true love, hopefully in one of the three admittedly quirky guys she knows. One problem though- she sucks at it. Good luck.

Basically a comedy otome game poking fun at the genre set in an elven village whose economy runs entirely around pastries.

The game has 9 endings and 61,090 words.

heartbaked.jpg

Is there any rating system on these stories? Some of them seem a little "adult."

Sorry, MKSchmidt. I didn't notice your message earlier.

For a young audience, I would advice one of the following game: Heartbaked, Starlit Flowers, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet, Diving in Deep, Locked Heart, Romance Detective, Farewell Bunny Boy, Magical Otoge Ciel

That doesn't mean that these game are for kids, just that they could be enjoyed by people of any age. Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet is one of my favourite aventure ;)

Be careful, some of them are pretty long, so you should always look at the number of words.

You should be over 13 to play to other games. There is nothing shoking, but younger audience might not understand or enjoy them.

Anyway, I would advice to try a game before letting your kid plays to it if he/she is under 13. Except for Fairly Dangerous and Fetish: Wanted, there is no surprise. If the first minutes of the game are suitable for a yound kid, the rest is!

There are four exceptions, that are not suitable for children under 16:

• Fairly Dangerous: This is a dark comedy visual novel with horror and tragicomedy elements. This is not for the squeamish.
  • Forget-Me-Not: Though there is no visually explicit or detailed scenes, certain sensitive subjects are addressed (drug, sexual abuse...)
  • Fetish: Wanted: This game contains sensitive / suggestive, and disturbing content. If easily offended with the theme, it is suggested to not play this game.
  • Lucky Me, Lucky You: Even though there isn't anything explicit, the game has some sexual content and strong language. (will be released soon)

There is a warning displayed on the description page of each of these games.

I'm planning to add a real rating system soon, with a warning displayed every time you start a new game.

Well, this tool definetly has it's future - the community of visual novels is huge and lacks of such software.

Keep on working and polishing it, man!

Thanks a lot, this kind of comment is always good to hear :)

I've made a quick demo explaining a little bit more what Sandbox Adventure can do.
The asset manager and the story editor of this demo are accessible HERE.
You can find the documentation HERE.

Since this page is accessible by everybody without password and I'm -almost- not crazy, no modification will be saved. So feel free to click on any button. If I did it right, it shouldn't mess up anything ;)

You can not yet create your own project without my intervention. But, if you want to start working on a new game with this editor, feel free to contact me. I can set everything up pretty fast.

Sandbox Adventure is a new engine still on active development. New features are added regulary. Don't hesitate to contact me if you think an important feature is missing.

Don't hesitate to make Honest Critique. Constructive feedbacks are always welcome, even negative ones!

Children of the Gate

Trust isn't given lightly

In a world where humans are besieged by demons, two strangers must work together to survive. How are they ever going to trust each other when neither of them want to tell the whole truth?

The game has 1 ending and 6,951 words.

children-of-the-gate.jpg

Running Blade

Do androids dream of electronic sheeps?

What if you know you have dreams every night, but you can never remember what you dreamed of when you wake up? Would that make any difference to you? For Jay-Long, being unable to remember his dreams was his greatest torment. After working for three years and four months (that means almost the entire life span of a normal android) on Mars, the android unit NeXT NGNAG17417 (also known as Jay-Long) returns to Earth in search of his maker, hoping she could put an end to his torment. Only problem is that the presence of androids on Earth is against the law, which puts Jay-Long against the android hunters, a special police unit known as the Running Blades.

This is a fan game with a story set in the universe created by Philip K. Dick (in his novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?") and revisited by Ridley Scott in his movie "Blade Runner".

The game has 4 endings and 14,562 words.

running-blade.jpg

That wasn't easy, but the engine is now fully responsive

That is an important part in today's world. :)

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

Hierofania 2

A young queen figures out what kind of ruler she will be.

The Goddess of the Waves was a deity of modest powers, and an even more modest range of influence.
She helped fishermen and sailors to find their way home, even through the thickest fog, through the fiercest storms.

Now she is dead. There are no stories left to tell about her.

Queen Stephania was a fierce woman, an unhappy woman.
She rose higher than people thought she could. But her triumph had a bitter aftertaste, as it left her ruling over those she despised.

Now she is dead. There are no stories left to tell about her.

Queen Caramela was raised by a fierce, unhappy woman, and lived under the influence of a deity of modest powers.
All she wants is to keep harmful things at a distance, to live for beauty and fun, for things to continue as they are. She won't get her wish.

She lives. This is her story.

The game has 7 endings and 49,249 words.

hierofania2.jpg

Here some hot new features:

Games on Kongregate

It is now possible to publish a game on Kongregate! :D

The first published visual novel is Colors by ppppantsu.
If you have a Kongregate account, don't hesitate to rate the game or to talk about it ;)

Embed a game on any website

Moreover, it is now possible to easily embedded a game in any website. For instance, in order to embedded Hierofania 2 in your website, simply add the following code:

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="http://sandbox-adventure.com/hierofania-2/iframe/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To embed another game, simply replace "hierofania-2" by the right folder.
Of course, you can modify the width and the height to match your website design.

There are two differences between the embedded version and the regular one: less links on the navigation bar + all external links are opened in a new window and not in the same, so only the game can be displayed in the iframe. If a visitor want to visit the author website or the engine home page, it will be opened in another tab and not inside the iframe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement