Pre - Official Release

Started by
48 comments, last by Assembler015 22 years, 4 months ago
This has been a project of mine for the last week, my goal to get rid of homework all together eventually :-) -- Basically the program was desinged to be the napster of homework, has roughly the same design except certain security precautions to make sure my teachers cant EVER get into the server, and even if they do I still have a backup security measure. Anyways, I just finished this program and I need people to test it. Would be very helpful, I've done quite of bit of testing on it myself but I don't have any Win2k / XP machines around so I haven't been able to test it completely yet...So download it from the ftp link below and request a log in...I add the logins myself so it might take 15min to obtain one... If you encounter problems tell me the OS, speed of your computer and anything else you think is useful. Thanks. When you search for homework, all that up right now is mine - Mr Sievers - Honors Physics; Mr Neville - American History Honors; Mr Ormund - English III Honors; Br Brennan - Religion III If you can think of anything I should add, tell me...if you find any security flaws- have your fun then tell me. Thanks again -Andrew ftp://schoolresources:schoolsucks@24.251.90.72/Computer Programs/Install School Sucks Encoder.exe Edit - added comment Edited by - Assembler015 on November 15, 2001 8:51:40 PM
Advertisement
come''on, I need to get this tested - I have a line of people wainting for this and I want to be sure it works on all the windows platforms...please?
Not really a "game dev" topic here or any general discussion about games but lol .. good idea. I understand your point of view on not having to do homework -- getting bad grades for not doing some work that you already know is a bummer but I think your program might be abused and others that use it wont actually learn what they''re supposed to study.

On the flip side, worked fine on my system.

WindowsXP Pro
Pen4 2.0GHz
512mb RDRAM
ADSL
Dude, if those standing in line can''t cut the mustard let em flunk! Do your homework, it''s good for you, better than getting into a bad habit like cheating.
Let me get this straight: you want us to help you test a program that facilitates cheating on homework?

I''ll hold off for a minute on how stupid I think you must be.

The purpose of homework is not to wreck your day. Sure, most of us didn''t (and still don''t) enjoy doing it, but eventually we realize that it is necessary to assist us in learning skills that are useful and in some instances necessary. Furthermore, cheating on homework is wrong, and defeats the purpose. I mean, you might as well not go to school if you wish to circumvent the mechanisms designed to ensure that you actually learned anything.

When you get a job and you''re required to employ knowledge you were expected to have gained in school - but didn''t since you were cheating - how will you respond? Scramble for a textbook and get some on-the-spot remedial study in?

Do your fucking homework. You''ll turn out better for it.

Now, your stupidity: it''s like coming here to ask us to test a cracking program - an application to circumvent security checks (homework and exams are the security that you learned anything in school). As software developers largely intending to profit from our creations, doesn''t that strike you as contrary?

Motherfucker.
Oh, and before you spit the "Why should I do what I already know?" rhetoric at me, realize that I''ve been there too (at college level, thank you very much). It''s a redundant check, but would you prefer your antivirus to skip checks on site that you frequent regularly or have visited before without incident (after all, your browser knows them, right?)

Yeah, I''m rude and blunt and excessively profane. And?
hmm everytime i''ve said in a class: "oh, this is stuff I already know, so there''s no need to do homework or study, i''ve almost always flunked"

It doesn''t matter how much I think i know it, it''s until I do it that I know that I know. Same thing with Games.

I hear tons of people say "that''s easy stuff, so I don''t need to start with tetris or pacman or something easy like that". and then when they go for the big stuff, they don''t even know how to open up a damn window for the graphics

Just a thought...

Pactuul
-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."
hmm everytime i''ve said in a class: "oh, this is stuff I already know, so there''s no need to do homework or study, i''ve almost always flunked"

It doesn''t matter how much I think i know it, it''s until I do it that I know that I know. Same thing with Games.

I hear tons of people say "that''s easy stuff, so I don''t need to start with tetris or pacman or something easy like that". and then when they go for the big stuff, they don''t even know how to open up a damn window for the graphics

Just a thought...

Pactuul
-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."
Motherfucker to you, Oluseyi!
I was in every honors and AP class they offered in high school, and I never did any homework. I could understand everything in class by just reading the the damn book (or sometimes even just listening to the teacher in class).
The point is, there IS a system. You can play by it''s rules, or you can have it swallow you whole... OR you can beat it.
If the kid wants to cheat, and he is clever enough to get away with it, more power to him. He obviously isn''t stupid, and I think it is amusing that he spends his time writing a program to help him not do homework instead of just doing it.
Some people don''t need someone breathing down their neck to insure that the learn. My homework-evading exploits didn''t affect my job in any way, other than that it helped immensely with my creative problem solving
Just accept that some people are too smart for the system you hold so dear.
If the kid is too smart for the system, then he should show that by doing his homework and getting good grades...

__
Tsu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement