• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BlackJoker

DX11 Creating own control for swapchain rendering

This topic is 1049 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Lets imagine that I want to create framework like WPF, but with DX11/12 support.

Doing this from scratch will require wrapping win32 window in C# and its message queue.

Then I will create Device and swapchain and will start rendering my controls to this window.

Everything seems simple, but what if I want to provide my own control for immediate mode rendering inside this window, which could be used for creating another swapchain?

I mean that I want this control be inside of my window and share the same space with all other controls, but it must have its own handler, which will be provided to swapchain during creation. Theoretically it must not produce any issues like well known airspace issue in WPF, but how to create such control, which will have a handle and will share the same space with all my rendering controls?

Does anyone faced with the same question or maybe developing something similar?

Any ideas?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!