Error in Release: "the procedure entry point interlockedcompareexchange@12 could not be located" (SDL2_ttf?)

Started by
2 comments, last by Oberon_Command 8 years, 4 months ago

Hi, I'm trying to run my project in Release Mode in Visual Studio. it builds just fine, but when I run it I get the error "the procedure entry point interlockedcompareexchange@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library libfreetype-6.dll.".

Now, running in debug mode works just fine.

I have tested this in both VS2010 and VS2015. Same result.

Help is appreciated.

Advertisement

Can you be more specific about the environment your test application is running in, and which libraries you are using? I can think of a few ways in which an error like this might come up, and could use a bit more info to figure out which one(s) are right. :-)

In particular, do you know:

* which compiler you are using, or which IDE?

* what software packages are you running, and where did you get them from?

Ideally, if you could post a sample project somewhere, one that might be able to demonstrate this error, that would probably be enough to figure out what's going on. :-)

Cheers!

-- David L.

Have you checked that you've installed all the required runtime packages for freetype?

For example visual c++ runtime?

Did you build freetype yourself, if not is it built against the same version of msvc as your project?

Sounds to me like freetype is built against the debug runtime, and it needs to be recompiled to match the version and release setting of your project...

Are you building for x86 or x64? Which was the DLL built for?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement