• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Wozzey

MOBA - Ability Bug

This topic is 977 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, after testing out Awakening of Heroes (alpha tester), I have come across this certain bug that prevents me of using any abilities, it randomly shows up it happens in ever 2 out of 10 games that I play. Do you know any idea how to fix this since it IS in the game code itself and the coders are not quite sure what to do... 

Thank you in forward,

Random alpha tester :)

Advertisement

Well that's the problem nobody can figure out what is going on, and we meet in person when I explain the bugs/ideas since we are kind of "partners" it's a long story but nevermind that, I just wanted to know if somebody had this issue with other MOBA's or even if they created a MOBA themself and had this issue :)

There's no way for us to know.

Obviously there are checks in place to determine whether or not a player can use their abilities, and sometimes the outcome of these checks are wrong.

Either the checks are wrong, the things they check are wrong, or both.

What those checks are, what's being checked and how those things are updated/changed is impossible for us say anything worthwhile about.

Maybe something is changed when it shouldn't be. Maybe something isn't changed when it should be. Maybe a combination of those. Maybe everything is changed as it should, but the things that check it are looking at the wrong things.

There's really nothing more specific we can say.

Like Nypyren says, the developers need to reproduce it and figure out what's wrong using the tools they have available to them,

For bugs that are hard to re-create or seem random I usually find extensive logs very useful. So one idea is that the developers integrate some heavy logging into the game and then try to dig up the bug :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!