Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OpenGL libs? (Glaux, Glut, Glu?)

This topic is 5870 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m curious as to what those libraries are. I''m new to OpenGL and people talk about them and I don''t understand what they do or what their for. Also, some things I''ve read say theres something the different libraries do with Borland Builder 5 (the compiler I use), are these important to me or am I just being a newbie? Life what life? Life is for wussies, computers are for real men.

Your compiler should have the OpenGL and GLU libraries with it. GLaux is the deprecated GL auxilary library (don''t use it, really). GLU is the GL utility library (you''ll almost always use it, lots of good stuff , you can almost guarantee that it is on the end user''s computer also). GLUT is meant to hide the Window management code, to make your program 100% compatible with other platforms (you can also use SDL, which does that and a lot more).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

Could you fix it?
Namely, I am also a user of C++B5, and I encountered the same problem.. Did you find the gl.h files and other stuff..
What about you.?

Thanks..

[Edited by - fuatgeleri on October 6, 2005 4:48:31 PM]