Which style would have better appeal?

Started by
3 comments, last by Koobazaur 8 years, 4 months ago
So I am starting to work on the art for my personal project which is a semi top down wave survival shooter for PC. And since I am artistically illiterate, I went with an easier art style to work with; Voxel art.

Anyways, I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on what style I should go with abd what you guys think the pro's and con's (visual and gameplay wise) would be for each. I was thinking of going with a more normal style such as Ace of Spades, or a more stubby/cartoony style kind of like Cube World. Or maybe something else I have not thought of.... Either of these styles would fit with my game fine, but I'm just not sure how appealing they would be.

Any help would be great!
Advertisement

If you don't post example pics, you're not going to get much response.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I'd suggest you pick one of the dozens of other easy art styles that aren't voxels. As awesome as voxels are, they are being currently overused, and any game that uses voxels automatically gets a few points knocked off of it for lack of creativity by alot of gamers.

I agree that voxels are overused. I think Ive seen about 6 voxel rpgs in the last week pop up.

any art style can be good or bad depending on the artist.

Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement