No idea about this warning in VS2015

Started by
4 comments, last by Brain 8 years, 4 months ago

I was trying to compile a Universal DirectX 12 app, it failed with an error saying Windows SDK (10.0.0.0) is missing. I installed Windows SDK separately and the error went away and everything was perfect. But I was not able to create Universal C# apps (It said missing some framework SDK, .NET Core, v5.0). So I downloaded Visual Studio Tools for Windows (http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/F/C/6FC19DBF-C223-41D0-835A-BD2155BC950D/VSToolsForWindows1E.exe) and let it do its stuff. After that, everything worked but this warning started appearing on every Universal Windows App

Severity Code Description Project File Line
Warning Warning : DEP0810 : This app references Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.Debug, version 14.0.22929.0, found in your SDK, but you have a higher version of Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.Debug installed on the target machine, 14.0.23019.0. If you continue to run this application, it will run against the currently installed version, Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.Debug, version 14.0.23019.0. Consider updating your SDK to match the version of Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.Debug that is installed.
How do I get rid of this?
Advertisement

By upgrading to the latest SDK

Worked on titles: CMR:DiRT2, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, GRID 2, theHunter, theHunter: Primal, Mad Max, Watch Dogs: Legion

By upgrading to the latest SDK

I already have latest SDK. Just installed it today (Using WIndows SDK installer).

I already have latest SDK. Just installed it today (Using WIndows SDK installer).

Then your system did not install it correctly, or your project is misconfigured to use a wrong version for something, or you have some other mismatch.

The error message is that your app is linked against an older edition of the Microsoft libraries.

Put differently, it expects version X but your system doesn't have X, it has has Y.

The question is, are you intending to hit X or Y? Are you intending to use version 14.0.22929.0 or are you intending to use version 14.0.23019.0?

If you want to build against 23019 then your app's configuration needs to be updated, it is pointing at the old version.

If you want to build against 22929 then your system is missing the library, go download that library, uninstall what you currently have if you think it was alerady installed and install it again.

Then your system did not install it correctly, or your project is misconfigured to use a wrong version for something, or you have some other mismatch.

The error message is that your app is linked against an older edition of the Microsoft libraries.

Put differently, it expects version X but your system doesn't have X, it has has Y.

The question is, are you intending to hit X or Y? Are you intending to use version 14.0.22929.0 or are you intending to use version 14.0.23019.0?

If you want to build against 23019 then your app's configuration needs to be updated, it is pointing at the old version.

If you want to build against 22929 then your system is missing the library, go download that library, uninstall what you currently have if you think it was alerady installed and install it again.

I will try it. Thanks for help.

Have you done a complete clean rebuild of your project to ensure that some library or dll somewhere isn't built against the old version and vs hasn't picked up the changes?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement