Tower defence with Unreal Engine 4

Started by
3 comments, last by HyperV 8 years, 4 months ago

Hey Guys, I'm currently working on making a basic tower defence game in college using Unreal Engine 4, I'm doing it using C++ but I can't find any tutorials online, I can only find ones where they only use blueprints. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial online? Or does anybody know any useful resources that I can use?......Thanks

Advertisement

Find a tutorial for what, specifically?

edit: I cannot tell if you are asking for a tutorial on C++ generally, or a tutorial on working in C++ in UE4, or a tutorial of some specific aspect of your "tower defence game".

Tutorials on how to build a basic tower defence from scratch using C++ in UE4 ....I'm brand new to all this :P

Tutorials on how to build a basic tower defence from scratch using C++ in UE4 ....I'm brand new to all this tongue.png

Then forget about tower defence, forget about UE4 and maybe even forget about C++.

Start by learning to program simple, text based applications in C# or python and then move on and make simple graphics. After a few months, you could try a 2d tower defence game.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Hi there,

With a little more searching on the Epic Games Launcher - Learn Tab - scroll to the bottem "Stratergy Game"(tower defence)

Your question is kinda odd, do you have experience with C++?

i would suggest listen to the others above me they are giving you a much simpler option then using a "difficult" engine.

hope this helps

HyperV

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement