VB: is gluTessVertex wrongly defined??

Started by
2 comments, last by Alkar 22 years, 5 months ago
Visual Basic 6: gluTessVertex(tessObj as Long, coords as GLdouble, data as Any) Well... How can I pass a 3D point coordinates to gluTessVertex?? I get an "Argument type error" when passing any kind of array, of course. I get no drawing too when passing the first element to this function... Is this function wrongly defined in VB? Am I wrong? Breaking up is hard to do
I'm not ugly, just bad rendered
Advertisement
I can''t find info about OpenGL + VB!!

I tried Google, Wisenut, Altavista, etc... They have indexed no sites with these words...
A quick look at the glu1.3 spec at www.opengl.org gave the following definition:

void gluTessVertex( GLUtesselator *tess, GLdouble coords[3], void *vertex data );

coords give the coordinates of the vertex in 3-space. For useful results, all vertices should lie in some plane, since the vertices are projected onto a plane before tessellation. vertex data is a pointer to a user-defined vertex structure, which typically contains other vertex information such as color, texture coordinates, normal, etc. It is used to refer to the vertex during rendering.

quote:Original post by Enigma

void gluTessVertex( GLUtesselator *tess, GLdouble coords[3], void *vertex data );

coords give the coordinates of the vertex in 3-space.

That''s right... but look at the VB definition of gluTessVertex:
gluTessVertex(tessObj as Long, coords as GLdouble , data as Any)

coords is a just a Double value, not an array of three Double values...

Breaking up is hard to do

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement