• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AxeGuywithanAxe

Ocean Shading

This topic is 1028 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, so I'm currently trying to create an ocean for a rendering project. I am using FFT (512x512 in 9 passes), and a projected grid to expand it to horizon. I am currently in the stage of shading the water, and can't seem to fix the error that I have. I am unaware if my fft calculations are correct, or my normal calculations are correct, so it would be great if someone could help. attached are the results for each of my renders.

The left is the final result of the water color, using a fresnel shlick approximation, ggx ndf, and ggx geometry term, the yellowish picture is the result of the final pass of fft using the phillip's spectrum, the next picture is the computation of the gradient, while the last picture is the displacement map(wrongly titled on upload). If anyone could help, that would be great. Thank you.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!