Offensive?

Started by
25 comments, last by JeremyR 22 years, 4 months ago
Would it be offensive to Vets and other alike to make a Vietnam Game. (Vietnam Sniper Game) I have been thinking about this for awhile now.
Advertisement
I''m probably not the person to answer this because I don''t get offended. But in my oppinion there have been films and games from other wars so why not?
Theres no reason to take offence to it, other then perhaps the historic realism. There were no "snipers" in Viet Nam, scopes were banned from War after World War 2. The only snipers you would fine, would be very good marksmen with scopeless M16''s =P

"Where genius ends, madness begins."
Estauns
"Where genius ends, madness begins."Estauns
A. Vietnam wasn''t "technically" a war.
B. America''s military uses snipers openly today, so they must not be too banned.
quote:Original post by Estauns
Theres no reason to take offence to it, other then perhaps the historic realism. There were no "snipers" in Viet Nam, scopes were banned from War after World War 2. The only snipers you would fine, would be very good marksmen with scopeless M16''s =P

"Where genius ends, madness begins."
Estauns

They''ve banned aimbots and wallhacking too.

When I was in the British army our battalion had a sniper section. I''ve never heard of a ban on snipers.
A ban on scopes and snipers? I hope not!
The point of war is to kill the enemy before they kill you! Ok, I know that is an extreme oversimplification, and there is politics and all that other crap involved, but still.
I personally think shooting someone in the eye when they aren''t even close enough to see you yet is completely fair.
Last war I''ve been in, I was almost killed because I just *asked* if they needed snipers...
most snipers dont aim for the eye, they aim for the chest/collar bone. The shock of the bullet hitting the body kills the person due to the high veolicty and "blutness" of the bullet. Its a larger target then the head and ensures higher percenatage of hits. Movies tend not to do this since it seems cooler to aim for the eye/head. Do much research before making your game since you want to stay at least semi historically acurate (or go rambo style and just make up a fake mission based on real eviroment)
also realize that everything is offensive to at least one person. Dont fret on that.
Thanks guys....I just dont want to piss people off were they wont by the game......

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement