Indie Game Company Names

Started by
19 comments, last by Unduli 8 years, 3 months ago
Alright so, me and a couple of friends are working together to make games, comics and merchandise through college as a side project. We were thinking of a rose theme for our company- but so far we've gotten nowhere making names. (Honestly we're pretty stupid so we keep making joke names)

Here's a list of "decent" names we've come up with for reference:
-Unrose
-Rerose
-Kokorose (a joke name, but at least it flows nice?)
-Reloaded Roses
-Retrorose (Retrose was taken :/)

It doesn't exactly need to follow the rose theme, but does anyone have any suggestions?
Advertisement
Rose Thorn studios?

What kind of games are you thinking of creating? This would help give ideas on names, but I have to ask, why roses?

Doesnt seem very game-like...

Rose Thorn studios?
What kind of games are you thinking of creating? This would help give ideas on names, but I have to ask, why roses?

We have a tactical slice-of-life rpg in the making, as well as a fighting rhythm game and a visual novel. They are mainly story based and feminine- which is part of why we selected roses. It's not solely a game company- so we wanted to pick something with an easily incorporatable (that's not a word but whatever) motif for our related websites, twitters, etc.

Thank you for your suggestion, by the way!

Have you actually finished the game, or are close to it? It seems like you guys have just started out, and are getting too excited.

What will you make?

Have you actually finished the game, or are close to it? It seems like you guys have just started out, and are getting too excited.

We're actually pretty close to being done- our demo is close to finished and the game should be released by the end of Spring next year.

We're actually pretty close to being done- our demo is close to finished and the game should be released by the end of Spring next year.

Ok, nice. Thought you were going to set up and entire company, only to realize you have no idea how to make games :P

What will you make?

I would make sure you google/bing/<search engine> your results, and make sure you don't run into anything unexpected, or anything similar sounding.

Zombie Rose (you know, rise, rose, risen, a little pun here.)

Neither do Bungie, Valve, Naughty Dog, probably a billion others.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Black Rose Studios

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement