SMITE networking concept

Started by
4 comments, last by conquestor3 8 years, 4 months ago

hi i'm trying to make a article on MOBA game SMITE

can you guys help me with the knowledge you guys have

1. how does the basic networking of MOBA game work ?

2. Any networking difference b/w SMITE and LoL ? (one is top-down and 1 is 3rd person)

3. its out of the topic still what is lockstep method for multiplayer game ?

4. that's all i guess and Thanks !!!!

Advertisement
Might I suggest that you instead write an article on a topic you actually have significant knowledge of and experience with?
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Might I suggest that you instead write an article on a topic you actually have significant knowledge of and experience with?

its not like that

First, agreeing that you should not be writing an article on a topic that you don't know well. Blind leading the blind is not a good idea. Experienced individuals leading the blind works much better.

Designers, architects, and programmers figure out the protocols to be used for communications between the machines. Then they implement them. The details are not "basic", they usually represent months of effort and are unique to each game.

2. Any networking difference b/w SMITE and LoL ? (one is top-down and 1 is 3rd person)

Yes, many differences. Also, many similarities.

I suggest you type "lockstep network simulation" into your favorite search engine and read the articles it finds.

OP appears to be having trouble with English. I suspect that there may be a miscommunication, and instead of MAKING an article, he wants to FIND an article.

hi i'm trying to make a article on MOBA game SMITE

can you guys help me with the knowledge you guys have

4. that's all i guess and Thanks !!!!

1. Specifically SMITE? No one here would know for 100% sure, however, they definately use an authoritative server model where dedicated servers are spun up to host matches, players connect to those, and send only input.

2. Many... It has nothing to do with the camera viewpoint. There are hacks that allow you to play league in 1st/3rd person.

3. As I've shown you on Skype, there's tons of great documentation on it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131503/1500_archers_on_a_288_network_.php

Does SMITE use lockstep networking? That would be surprising as it can be pretty expensive to occlude data (For example, characters in the fog of war) from a lockstep model when running on a dedicated server, to the point where even Blizzard doesn't bother with trying to prevent it.

For what purpose are you writing an article on SMITE if you're not familiar with how it works?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement